A COPD screening device reporting FEV1 & ‘Lung Age’
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is the fourth leading cause of death worldwide according to the World Health Organization and it is estimated that it will become the third leading cause of mortality by 20201. COPD is often undiagnosed in its early stages, especially in smokers, who are most at risk and as a result not receiving treatment.
Since early detection and treatment of COPD can positively influence the disease course, it is important to screen those patients at risk. The PulmoLife is the ideal tool to use as a quick check of lung function to highlight signs of disease as early as possible.
Simple and easy to use the PulmoLife offers a practical solution for COPD testing in adult smokers. A quick test using the PulmoLife measures and shows patients’ FEV1 and FEV1% predicted results2 on its high visibility display. FEV1 is strongly recommended as the measurement of choice in COPD screening and the percentage of the result against predicted values can be used to help determine the level of severity of disease3.
The PulmoLife uses these results to calculate and display an optional ‘Lung Age’ estimation4. This is an equivalent ‘Lung Age’ based upon the FEV1% predicted results and can be used to show smokers the physical damage caused by smoking and encouraging smoking cessation. Smokers are at the greatest risk for developing COPD and decline in lung function in susceptible smokers has been shown to be twice of non-smokers5.
- Measures and displays FEV1 and FEV1% predicted
- ‘Lung Age’ Interpretation
- Quick and Easy to use
- Large graphical display
- Easy clean turbine
- Step-by-step screening instructions
- Robust storage pouch
- 2-Year Parts and Labor Warranty
- FEV1 testing programs
- Identification of early signs of COPD in smokers over 35
- Encouraging susceptible smokers to quit
- Transducer: Digital Volume Transducer
- Resolution: 0.01 Liters
- Accuracy: +/- 3% to ATS/ERS Standardization of Spirometry 2005
- Volume Range: 0 – 8 Liters/Second (As per ATS/ERS recommendations)
- Flow Range: 0 – 14 Liters/Second (As per ATS/ERS recommendations)
- Predicted Values: ECCS, NHANES III and Asian (Chinese)
- Display: Custom Liquid Crystal
- Power Supply: 3V Lithium Ion Coin Cell Battery
- Dimensions: 5.15” x 2.32” x 1.50”
- Weight: Unit Only: 3.39 Ounces Packed: 9.17 ounces
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit
- Operating Humidity: 30% to 90% Relative Humidity
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit
- Storage Humidity: 10% to 90% Relative Humidity
On a Budget? Call Us Today!
Call to let us show how we keep your equipment in compliance at the lower cost!